Friday, May 15, 2009

Welcoming myself to the blog-o-sphere; the justification of blogging

Well, some may say it's "a-blog" time I actually started a web log of my own. I do like to write from time to time. I do tend to make stories dramatic. And I do seem to have experiences that are a bit out of the ordinary. So, why wouldn't I have a blog?

Well, as most who know me will attest, the idea of volunteering* random information about myself is pretty contrary to my basic nature, so starting a blog probably seems like quite the anti-Eve thing to do. So, herein lies my justification for jumping on the trend: ACCOUNTABILITY.

I've come to the realization that as much as I like to try new things, travel to new places, engage in new experiences ... I haven't been doing much of it lately, or at least not as much as I should for someone with minimal commitments. A couple weeks ago I decided this needs to change, and I would make Summer 2009 the summer when I would finally start doing the things I've said for years I wanted to do; especially if it involves going to places just in the state of Iowa that I've always thought would be interesting to visit. No more excuses - no more waiting to find someone to go with me, waiting for an event or work-trip to take me there, no more putting it off just 'cause I end up sleeping in too long. I need to take time to do it, and, more importantly, take time to plan it ... and commit to follow the plan.

My hope is that this blog will provide some accountability for me to write up the "Experience Summer already!" plan, put the plan in to action, and document the plan. And while I don't care a whole lot who reads this or if anyone reads it at all, knowing that I've told people this is part of the overall plan adds to the accountability factor.

I admit that I hope this "Experience Summer already!" plan kick starts a "Experience LIFE already" plan/lifestyle. However, as the saying goes, every journey starts with a single step. Welcome to step one.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. Can't believe I am so behind and didn't even know you had a blog. But now I know. And now you are on my blog list. Watch out.

    ReplyDelete